Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter Knitting - Wool Winter Wonder Cap



Finally finished this toasty wool cap, sized for a toddler. It's a lovely thick 100% natural earthy coloured (blue, raspberry and chocolate) Icelandic wool, but soft enough for a wee one's head - perfect for winter walks outdoors, romps in the snow, or snuggling up indoors! It's a size 6-12 months (maybe even upto 18 months). I love this hat, and unfortunately by the time I finished it Maya has already gotten to big to wear it! So, it's now posted on my etsy store.

Though my spare crafting time tends toward making soap, salves or sewing projects, I do really love knitting when I sit down to do it - and I have a variety of half-finished knitting projects that I hope to work away at over the next few months.

Fortunately there is a very cool knitting group that meets right here in this neighbourhood, and although, sadly, I am only able to be an occasional attendee (still having a wee one here at home that needs me at bedtime) I do love the times I get to go. The conversation with this wonderful group of women is lively, and it's great to have a weekly incentive to get uninterrupted knitting time! In March we are hosting an intermediate knitting workshop on socks with a friend who is part of our local Spinners & Weavers Guild. I'm excited to learn from her and have hopes of completing at least one pair of socks this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment