Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seedling Sale Saturday!

Thanks to everyone who came out for our 9th Annual Seedling Sale this weekend!  It was a festival-like atmosphere - beautiful warm sun, loads of gardeners ready to stock up on seedlings, people lingering over baked goods and meeting each other, a last-minute kids booth selling deliciously refreshing homemade rhubarb and blueberry spritzers, the largest collection of bikes/wagons/bike trailers I've ever seen parked in this neighbourhood, and inspiring enthusiasm about city gardening.  Thanks to all our wonderful volunteers who helped us accomodate such a large crowd in such a short time here.  Now we're off from the computer for the weekend, to try to get our own gardens planted.  Oh, as I finish writing this I hear the rain starting up again...

























1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I found your blog through google. I am really enjoying it. Thank you for keeping it. I'm going to add it to my favorites list.

    ReplyDelete