Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes and more cupcakes




I had a catering order for 300 vegan cupcakes this week! I have been putting the catering/baking on the back burner for the past year as I'm really trying to focus on the homestead, workshops, herbal business and of course, baby Maya. But, it was for a good local cause (35th anniversary of a local social justice organization), and I couldn't resist my natural inclination to take up a challenge. I love large-scale baking, and this order was not only vegan, but also called for using organic local flour and fair trade cocoa. What a treat to make custom goodies that were ethical, beautiful and tasty...the whole kitchen was filled with the wonderful vanilla, mocha and chocolate aromas and rows & rows of cupcakes for 24 hours, and yes, we were lucky enough to sample a few along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment