Weather: it's getting cool! Hovering around 0 degrees Celcius today with one tiny snow flurry
Soup made by the kids: Not soup today, but rather fancy oatmeal bowls with lots of toppings
Herbal project today:
- preparing our own blend of Peace Tea - with relaxing calming herbs like lemon balm, catnip, linden, rose and chamomile
- using our senses to get to know lemon balm from the garden
- using our new blend to make herbal tea over the fire - so cozy!
- imagining a world of small - finding miniature landscapes in the yard and drawing ourselves into them (for example, what would it be like to live in a milkweed pod?)
- developing our skills for drawing birds
- warm-up games at the nearby park field - so fun to see everyone laughing and running ("catch the dragon's tail" was especially funny as a group effort)
- fresh pumpkin pie for an extra lunch treat
- warming our hands by the outdoor fire which we kept going most of the day
- planning for next week's session - halloween party!